5 Quick Relaxation Techniques to boost your day!
Most of us live busy lives with full schedules. What to do when there is no time to take a break? Sometimes it’s not an option (especially if we have little ones around) to go for a run or yoga class. Different strategies work for different people, and even 10 minutes of Self-Care can give your day a big boost!
1. Guided Meditation: Try one of our free meditations to find out if you enjoy the concept! It has never been easier to meditate or learn how to meditate than it is today. There is a variety of great meditations available that you can access through your phone. I tried a new app called www.pause-app.org/en which is very user friendly and a good tool for beginners.
2. Fit in a quick yoga session: Try one of our online classes that you can do at home any time a day. Our classes are great for beginners or if you are searching for specialty sessions: Yin yoga, yoga to relieve anxiety, kid’s yoga and more.
3. A relaxing activity: Read, colour or work in your garden! Fitting in at least one activity a day that relaxes you can change your mood, energy and overall well-being.
4. Massage: Do you enjoy a good massage? Receiving a massage can be a very nurturing and soothing experience. If you don’t have time to book a professional one, try trading with your partner or a friend (even a 20 minute massage can leave you feeling relaxed). There are also great massage chairs with recliners available for surprisingly affordable prices at www.mymassagechairs.com. Just sit down, get comfy and enjoy a quick wellness boost!
5. Take a bath: Add some essential oils or bath salt and turn on your favourite music. A deeply relaxing experience especially at the end of a busy day!
Mind with Matter